Workshop for Advisors
The Financial Planners’ Guild, India (FPGI) has ongoing workshops for CFP/AFP Certificants and others who wish to make financial planning their career and wish to set up their own practice.
The Financial Planners’ Guild, India (FPGI) is an association of Practicing Financial Planners to promote professional excellence and ensure high practice standards. The aim of the Guild is, to create awareness about Financial Planning at the public level which would benefit the people.
The members of this association would need to have very good knowledge and understanding of the Financial Planning domain & need to comply with stringent norms for membership. The association members are committed to highest level of integrity & ethics in all their dealings with their clients. This association is to shape the practice standards in India in the years to come and is expected to evolve to be the Gold Standard in Financial Planning.
The Environment today
- Understanding the ground realities today
- What options exist for budding Financial Planners?
- Viability of a FP practice
- Are you cut out for practice?
- “Can I earn enough to make this my profession?”
Getting into the practice
- The mindset required to make the transition into FP
- Skills & attributes a planner needs to have
- Things you need to do to be counted as a professional
- Getting business for your practice
- Resources required for FP practice
- Plan creation – software, detailing & services
- Internal Costing & Pricing of the services
- Approaching clients
- Gaining clients trust
- Strategies/ Activities to acquire clients – eg. Sampling
- Overcoming objections to paying fees
- Other problems you might encounter & handling them successfully
- Following up with clients
- Keeping in touch with them
- Converting existing clients to FP clients
Making the practice sustainable…
- Systems & processes
- Cashflow management – for your business
- Good quality services delivery
- Striking a balance between transaction/ advisory services
- Setting up clients for ongoing engagement
- Getting references from clients
- Commitment to deliver on promises